What are the best questions to evaluate a Home Care Agency?
Questions When Considering a Home Care Agency
- Is the home healthcare provider licensed?
- Is the home healthcare provider accredited by a leading national accreditation firm?
- Does the provider perform criminal background checks on caregivers prior to hiring?
- Are the caregivers covered by Workers’ Compensation in the event they are injured on the job?
- Does the provider send a Registered Nurse to meet the family and develop a plan of care for the caregivers to follow?
- Once assigned, are the caregivers regularly supervised and evaluated by a Registered Nurse?
- Does the provider require the caregivers to carry photo identification?
- If you are dissatisfied with your caregiver, may you request a replacement?
- Does the provider supply backup in case the primary caregiver has an emergency and cannot work?
- Does the provider keep a “logbook” in your home to document services performed (i.e. meals, activities, bathing, etc.)?
- Does the agency provide overnight and/or 24-hour care?
- Is the provider available on-call 24-hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year?
Moravia Health can help answer these questions. Call us today at (855) MORAVIA.